Wednesday, July 11, 2012

(Untitled)

(Written July 1, 2012, at 1:30 am.)

Every star in the forsaken sky is a memory of you and me.
Every passing cloud an attempt at taking people's advice to move on.
Every sip of wine is the you in me trying to break free.
Every drag of smoke an endeavor to let the past be gone.

The bristling leaves are signaling your breath in my mouth.
The immutable tree the reality of your life.
The Merlot tries to dissolve the truth.
The cigarette reminds me that someone else will be your wife.

All the white birds are your teeth on my skin.
All the navy of sky beyond your true love.
The wine corrodes the walls of being within.
The smoke rebuilds those walls around and above.

The light chars the existence of us, but can't obliterate it.
The darkness tries to hide it but fails.
The last sip of wine is all I have of you.
The puff is smoke tries to blur it, but sees it and wails.

No comments: