Saturday, August 11, 2012

Time

(Written August 11, 2012, at 2:17 am.)

I can feel time seep through my pores.
Does it pass through unaffected?
Like light through a vacuum?
Or do I change it the slightest bit?
Some little traces of me scattering through a confused eternity?

I can feel it on my skin and in my flesh and bones.
It tingles.
Is time like a ghost,
Long dead,
Unseeable,
Unknowable,
Lost and trying to find its way through the universe,
Seeking its fun in making people squirm
As it runs through them?

And when it sometimes stops,
An unshakable chill settles comfortably
In the molecules of air closest to me.
The little bubble of warped time
Throwing reality off balance.

But the bubble pops,
And I'm left wondering
If cessation of eternity
Could end an eternity of cessation.

No comments: